Friday, March 17, 2006

My Worst Flight Ever

Let's see, I had my training flights in November, started flying as an actual crew in December, and it's been rather manageable, except for a few bumps along the way. Some flights, you meet with bad crew; some flights, you meet with bad passengers. On this flight which I just came back from, everything was bad.

Part 1) I was waiting at KLIA with another crew for the Japanese crew to arrive. From the moment I see them and make the standard introductions, I knew that they're not the friendly kind that will chat and laugh with you onboard.

Part 2) After the passengers' boarding is finished and the plane's taxiing out, a passenger called me to complain that his seat reclines automatically and there's no way to keep it upright.
Excuse me... if you already know that there's NO WAY to keep it upright, then what to you expect us to do? Get you to another empty seat with a 'steady' back? We would, usually. But that was a FULL flight, and I mean that with no available spare seats.

Part 3) The drinks service went OK, just give them some muffins and snacks and dim the cabin lights for better snoring.
It's all fine until some seriously mentally disturbed guy had to ruin it for me. I was sitting on the jumpseat beside the mid-GLY in the near-pitch black cabin. He came out of the restroom and requested for some water. I asked him for his seat number so that I can bring it to him. Guess what that freak did--- He SCREAMED at me.
"YES YOU CAN HAVE MY SEAT NUMBER!!!"
... And that's not the end.
"DO YOU KNOW WHY YOUR COMPANY IS DOING SO BADLY?? IT'S LOSING BILLIONS A YEAR!! BECAUSE IT HAS BAD SERVICE!!!"
And some more crap I can't be bothered to pay attention to.

There were 3 or 4 Japanese crew in the Mid-GLY then and they 'came to my rescue'. How? By apologising to the freak. That's what they do best-- apologise whether it's their fault or not. I'll love to have an arguement with that freako if not for the fact that I'm in uniform.
Of course I know that my company is in trouble lately and we're struggling to get out of the red. No thanks there for reminding me about that. You're just another pathetic asshole, nothing more... Screaming those tabloid and gossip news on a flight is not exactly an 'achievement' to be proud of. All I know is that you can speak some English. Big deal, asshole.

Part 3) Comes breakfast service, and the last 2 hours of the flight. Can't wait to get it over and done with.
When we're serving meals and a pax is sleeping, we'll stick a piece of paper telling him/her to call for us later when he/she wants it served.
Mr. 'I'm-a-frequent-flyer-so-I'm-important' woke up and pressed the call button. I went over and asked in Japanese-- "Did you call for us?" That's the 'official' and standard phrase we're taught in training. Do you find anything wrong or unappropriate? I don't, but obviously this freako did.
He started to get pissed off and annoyed at me when I asked him. After a few tries, I gave up and told him that I'll call a Japanese crew to help. My compartment incharge took over and I went on with other tasks.
Later, the incharge went to the Aft-GLY to scold me. She said that the passenger didn't want to hear "Did you call for us?" He expected the crew who respond to the call button to say "What is it that you called us for?"

You'll think it's ridiculous to get angry over such a trivial matter. So do I. But you'll just meet with some brainless asshole who think otherwise.

This one wins it hands-down: My Worst Flight ever, so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home