Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Universal Studios Hollywood

Promised that I'll blog about my trip to the Universal Studios, and I'm keeping it. Let the story begin-

Woke up at around 6 plus in the morning of 7 Feb and waited until 7 plus to go down to the lobby to grab some (more) potato chips. Checked with the hotel bus driver about the group tours I see in the brochures and again, like usual, on too many occasions (IMO), they don't make arrangements for singles. (Is there something going on somewhere about lone travellers??)

Lucky for me, it so happens that 2 Shanghai-based crew have booked a tour to the Universal Studios that day. The driever asked if I'm interested to join them. Well, I guess it's not too bad to join a group tour the first time I'm exploring the LA area. And as I've admitted- I'm a chicken.

My bus driver-cum-guide gave us a little surprise when he drove us to some place where we can take a picture of the ever-famous HOLLYWOOD sign and the Hollywood Lake, which is not in our itinerary.

That's me with THE sign.











At the Universal Studios, things are like in a fantasyland. You see movie characters walking around and there're live shows and events being carried out. Imagine living in a neighborhood with these people-



Or perhaps some of you might prefer to live in the neighborhood Tinseltown likes to call WISTERIA LANE.


Hee.

Was walking around aimlessly when some rocker guys approached me. First impression of them-- They just don't fit into the family, happy, touristy crowd you get in Universal Studios. They're too hard-rocky. One of them asked me if I'll like him to take a picture of me and his friends. Errrr. What for? But as the polite little girl that I was, I just said No Thanks.

Hmm. Maybe they're some super famous band in the States and there I was, missing out on a great chance to have a photograph session with them. But then again, c'mon. What are the chances of THAT?

But I did take a photo with this guy--


How did I round up the day? More shopping, of course. Was hoping that I could avoid the regular visit to Abercrombie by taking this tour. But you never know... There's an A&F store at Universal Citywalk!! Luckily, I walked in, and realised that I already bought this season's new arrivals when I was in New York. Managed to spend nothing there. (Applause for the achievement.)

And then it's the bus ride back to the hotel where everything's back to NORMAL hotel life.

Next time to LA? I'm going to take on the public transport system by myself. And watch out, Warner Bros!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home