Sunday, February 12, 2006

Having a 'Double'

Was watching the Winter Olympics on TV just now. The figure skating pairs short program was on and some of the teams were really good. They could apin and make jumps in almost perfect sync. Then a silly thought came across my mind-- how many hours of training did they have to put in to achieve that? It's like being together with someone for more than half your life. The worst part- you might hate that person and still can't leave.

Then the power of 'linkage thought' appeared again-- There was this one episode of CSI where something interesting was discussed. People are attracted to other people whom the facial features are similar. There's a solid scientific name for this study or finding, but I have no idea what it is.

So that might explain what I heard before (linkage power again)-- Men like to marry women who resemble their mothers and women their fathers. Of course, I'll fall for a man who has some features similar to mine, and some of those features of his are then similar to my Dad's. Confusing? Figure it out slowly and you'll know what I mean. Eg.. I have my Dad's nose and eyes. Then I'll choose a guy with MY eyes and nose (because I'm genetically attracted, remember?) and then the end result will be-- I chose my guy because he's like my dad.

Ok, go work out the math yourself.

Speaking of falling for guys, that action seem to have forsaken me for quite a long time. I'm no longer the little girl back in Sec Sch or Poly who'll keep on eyeing a guy in the lecture hall. Gone are those golden days. Now, I can't even find A GUY to lay my eyes on, let alone harbor any thought of starting a relationship.

My friends told me that this year (Year of the Dog) is an extremely good one for Pigs to be involved romantically. Chances are high, they say. Well, we'll see how that goes.

Oh, some update on my LA flight: I didn't manage to go to the Warner Bros Studio, BUT, I did go to the Universal Studios in Hollywood. Had my maps all printed out, but the seniors warned me about safety in the States and recommended me to take a tour with the hotel instead. I admit I'm a chicken...

The trip was great, took tons of photos, and did more shopping than I should. Will tell about the trip in my next post. Time to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home