Friday, March 10, 2006

I Need Serious Shopping Control

I don't know what's worse-- me overseas or me in Singapore.

I spend quite a lot whenever I'm outstation, be it in New York, LA or San Francisco. But whenever I get back to Singapore, I spend some MORE. It seems like I always have a shopping list about what I want to buy in the States, and when I'm done with those, I'll write a list of the items I need to buy here at home. The cycle keeps on repeating... and repeating... and repeating...

Here's what I came home with after 2 hours in town:
- Some moisturising products from the company doctor (FOC)
- Chanel Makeup Base
- MTM custom-blended collagen eye masks
- Clarins perfume sample vials (FOC)
- Books from Kino (I never denied the fact that I'm a book nerd)
- H20plus scrubs, shower gels and lotions
- 2 bottles of Fancl Cleansing Oil (I just ran out of makeup remover, so this is a MUST)
- 1 year's supply of contact lenses (I NEED them)

I was bumping into so many people on the train and bus with my bags that I just gave up apologising and pretend to be a spoilt brat on a shopping spree. Heck with whatever they're commenting about behind my back.

Speaking of spoilt brats-- I was watching the MTV channel in New York (I'm not a MTV fan and I very seldom watch it) and saw a program about Sweet 16 birthdays. Ouch. The girl featured in the program get Mercedes and Benz and what ever branded cars for their 16th birthdays from their parents. The parties they hold are super extravagant also... Watch it and you'll totally re-define your perception of SPOILT.

Next flight-- Ho Chi Minh City. Really hope to just stay in the super comfortable hotel room and watch Chinese Channel V (Yes, it's the only outstation with Chinese channels). But the crew I'm flying with wants to go out and explore this time. Hmm... I don't feel like shopping in Saigon this time cos I bought 5 bags and 2 pairs of sandals for myself when I went in December. Still trying to 'break them in'.

Quote: Which is easier? Accepting or rejecting? Maybe I can learn from one of the 36 stratagems--Stratagem 27: Feigning foolishness. ~At times, it is better to pretend to be foolish and do nothing than to brag about yourself and act recklessly. Be composed and plot secretly, like thunder clouds hiding themselves during winter only to bolt out when the time is right.~

I guess I'll just do the 'act blur' part and hide in the loo all the while and ignore all phone calls. Dumb plot. All the dumb stuff on flights is catching up with me...help...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home