Tuesday, April 04, 2006

My Shopping

It's horrible how much damage to my already shallow pocket I can do to it. Here's what I came home with from my first and unfortunately, possibly-last-Vegas flight pattern:

Day 1 in Vegas:
-From M&M's Store:
>>A M&M's dispenser
>>A bag of cholocate-colored M&M's
>>A metal plate with "M&M's Las Vegas"
>>A red M&M's mug

Day 2 in Vegas:
-From the Premium Outlets:
>> L'Occitane
>>>>Peach Home Perfume
>>>>Orange Hand Lotion

>> Hush Puppies
>>>> A pair of white flat sandals

>>Coach
>>>>A small white Hamptons Weekend Hobo
>>>>A Lime Hamptons Weekend Satchel
>>>>The Charms Chain with rhinestone

>>Crabtree & Evelyn
>>>>Gardeners' Pumice Hand Scrub

>>Claire's
>>>>3 pairs of clip earrings

NOTE: All these are done within one hour.

Day 3 in LA: Just to the supermart to grab drinking water, some Ruffles, and takeaway Chinese food (Mapo Tofu) and McDonald's Chicken Selects. (I went for the 5-piece meal instead of the regular 3-piece. Ouch)

Day 4 in LA: Del Amo
>>Claire's
>>>>3 (more) pairs of clip earrings

>>At a DVD Store
>>>>"Carolina" DVD starring Julia Stiles

>>See's Candies
>>>>2 small boxes of chocolate for ZX and MM and a small pack of Easter eggs for myself.

>>Barnes & Noble
>>>>2 DVDs of the Amanda Show (with Amanda Bynes)
>>>>Books: "Second Assistant" and "I Don't Have A Thing To Wear"
>>>>In Touch magazine

On the way back to the hotel, I asked the shuttle bus driver if he can stop by the Chinese food place (and he was kind enough to do so). Got my Mapo Tofu set lunch again.

Day 5 in LA: Galleria South Bay

>>Abercrombie & Fitch
>>>>A pairs of size-2 khaki pants. (YESSSSSS!!!!!!! I managed to get into a SIZE 2!!!!!!!!)
>>>>A denim jacket

>>GAP
>>>>A rather thick cardigan

>>Victoria's Secret
>>>>6 assorted bottles of body lotions, scrubs, and shower gels. (How can I not at least TRY them since they're going for 6 @ US$30??)

>>Barnes & Noble
>>>>Books: "Tripping the Prom Queen" and "Retail Therapy".

In the afternoon, a crew called me and asked if I'll like to join her to takeaway some food at the Chinese Restaurant. Of course... it's Mapo Tofu again. No prizes for getting it right.

The visit to Barnes & Noble had a nice surprise. All items are going at 40% off. Yes... I can hardly resist the call of books. I admit that AGAIN, for those who didn't catch me admitting to THAT previously. Was on my way to the register when I caught this "Retail Therapy" on the front shelf. No way am I gonna give that a miss, since I'm always in 'therapy'.

My card swiping total hit a record high and I'll be holding my breath when the bill comes next month.

Next trip, it's to LA again. This time, I promise all I'll buy is Chinese food (maybe more Tofu), and a tabloid magazine when I visist B&N. (Alllll riiiiight.... maybe a couple of books if there's a sale.)

I guess I should buy a book on self-control during a shopping streak...Hmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home