Thursday, February 02, 2006

Familiar Things

Went out to bai nian today. Strictly speaking, the bai nian part was rather insignificant. Here's the schedule I had--

-Lunch at Toa Payoh (after making our way to Ang Mo Kio and realised that our usual cai fan stall is not open)
-To CPF Board. My mum needed to sign some document about our flat loan. Blur.
-To Telok Ayer, Tian Fu Gong. Usual CNY visit.
-To Bugis Guan Yin Temple. More prayers for the new year.
-Back to Yishun. Visited the first uncle on my mum's side.
-Visited the second auntie (also my Godmum) on my mum's side.
-Visited the second uncle (who happens to be twins with my Godmum) on my mum's side.
-Visited my grandparents on my dad's side.


Familiar faces, sounds, smells, sights, buildings, food, feelings...

Why do they seem so real yet so far from reach sometimes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home