Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Reflections

Since I have nothing better to do for the next 3 hours before the first shuttle bus leaves for the nearby (and only shopping center), I've decided to post yet another boring entry.

Very often, especially when I'm with my class or batchgirls that I nag and grumble and complain about how bad my company and my local manager sucks. And the suckiness appear much worse after I read blogs of crew from other airlines.

Well, the life onboard is rather much the same-- we deal with passengers we hate everytime, and get nasty remarks always. But they seem to have such 'happening' stuff happening after work.

They go out with their fellow cabin and even flight deck crew; they shop for local snacks in BULK; they take beautiful pictures in every layover city; they stay in 5-star hotels around the world...

When I was reading all these, all I did was to mumble and grumble about why I (or my airline) couldn't have it.

But hey, one year ago, I couldn't afford to visit the cities I did in my job.

I take things for granted, and I'm quite sad to admit it.
Things like:
-- My dad driving me to and from the airport for EVERY one of my flights.
-- My mum taking care of my laundry and drycleaning when I make the excuse of being too tired to leave the house.
-- My bro acutally having to take care of the house and my parents (not that they need 'taking care' of).
-- My friends sending me messages every once in a while to cheer me up when I had a shit flight.

There's really no end to comparison. I have long Pacific flights 2 to 3 times a month. That's pretty good, actually. What else do I need? (Erm ZX, dun try to tell me that I need some guy now.. the matchmaking's not working out).

I have a great family, great friends, and a good decent job. That's good enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home