Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Blew It

I blew it-- my temper. And it's about time.

I slammed things down in the GLY on my last leg and just put on my ultra black face for all the Japanese crew to see.

Here's what led to it--

We had a refreshment service in the flight, and after that, some of the crew will get to go for their rest. I already had mine and will need to prepare for the next meal service.

Usually one crew will be busy preparing in the GLY while the rest will be out there watching the cabin, or just shake legs on the jumpseats.

Not this time. All of the working crew were inside the GLY (well, MY GLY), chatting away, and leaving the lavatories, call buttons, and basically everything to me.

Hey! That's not my duty! I don't mind helping out if it's really hectic, but not when you guys are drinking and chatting and laughing!

Surprise, surprise-- 2 of my 7 meal carts couldn't heat up, and I had 20 minutes before the service is supposed to start. Panic? You bet. I had no choice but to just take out the entrees one by one and heat up using the microwave.

And the rest of them? 'Oh, the meals are not heated??'

What the freak!

No one offered to help me slot back the entrees. And remember-- I had 2 carts, which means I had 72 trays to settle. By the time I'm quite done with the last few, the first batch is already 'warm'.

'GLY-san, can you heat them up? They're not hot!'

I just turned my face black and started throwing stuff HARD onto the GLY-top.

I did. And the Pax nearby could almost sense the tense air around. I hope.

Will blog again later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home