Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Come Fight For My Vote!!

Finally... I can cast my vote in a General Election.

Don't lecture me on the importance of me being a young and first-time voter. Don't try to brainwash me about what your party can do for me if they win. Don't try to make promises that will only make me laugh.

It's kind of funny actually, to see the ministers and candidates walking around the neighbourhoods trying to draw votes. Guess the distance they walk in these few days is more than the total distance they've walked for the past few years.

Election period= great exercise period.
Election period= best time to hear your ministers speak in dialects. (I can do better than most of them.)
Election period= knowing that the govt will not be giving out 'extra money' in the near future.

Election day= finally we get to see LIVE TV programs other than charity shows.
Election day= when the numbers of votes announced will be the HOT 4D numbers the next day.

After Election Day= nothing in your life has changed. You still get fresh tap water, GST, junk mail in letterboxes. ERP, bank charges if your account has less than $500, your boss screaming at you, and the long wait for the bus and train to get to the office so that colleagues can gossip about...... THE ELECTION.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home