Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wherever My Feet Take Me

Feeling much better now, after sleeping for 9 hours straight in my bed, with my stinky tiger beside me. Don't want to ruin my rest days in Singapore pouting over the nasty incident I had.

Anyway, here's what I did when I was in New York:
--Took the Subway to Wall Street Station, hoping to see the New York Stock Exchange.
--Ended up walking to Battery Park, where the Statue of Liberty is just a river away.


THE statue

--Sat there for a while, enjoying the sunshine and serenity in a busy place.


Simple Beautiful

--Found my way to the NYSE somehow. And saw Trinity Church too.


Where Money meets Money


New York's Cherry Blossom

Still early to call it a day, I decided to award myself with a little retail therapy. Went over to Century 21 where I bought 2 Paul & Joe tops. Considered a bargain cos they cost around US$150, originally priced much higher. Yeshhh!!!!!

Got back to the hotel, had my usual McDonald's Chicken Selects meal, and thought that I could use a little trip to Times Square. Was walking outside the MTV store when a guy approached me. He identified himself as some staff of MTV, and asked if I'm interested for some casting.

Well, I told him that I'm not from the States and will be leaving the next day. He said that's fine, I always contact him when I'm back in NYC. Had to reject him...

Bought a tin of Hershey's Kisses from the Hershey's store and it's back to the hotel for packing.

Was so happy to be working in Upper Deck on the leg back to Narita. It's economy class and basically I have the whole cabin to myself, totally unlike the warzone in the main deck.

Just when I thought everything was going fine, a Pax fainted! Luckily, he fainted in front of my in-charge and a doctor. Had to get the oxygen bottle for him and it was so troublesome afterwards-- we had to report to the Chief and captain, and make a remark in the Flight Log Book.

I did manage to have a nice conversation with a Pax on that flight. He was always hanging around the GLY and I was quite pissed off at first. But he was quite a nice fella to talk to. He's a Taiwanese who can't speak Mandarin; has been staying in Japan for over 30 years; owns his own clinic in Chiba city (yes, he's a Doc); was in New York for his cousin's wedding.

He wanted to leave me his contact numbers and said that I can always go visit him when I have time. Again, I rejected. Sigh... don't ask me WHY. Tell me HOW can I take it??

So now it's back to Narita, where I finally get my 2-nites' stay! I was so looking forward to this stay beforehand that I got ready the Tokyo maps. Woke up the next day super early to catch the shuttle bus to the airport where I took the train to Tokyo. The journey was long, me still suffering from jet-leg, and I just couldn't sleep on the way.

Visited the famous Meiji Shrine and bought the Love charm (I'm getting quite a big collection here), and a charm for travel safety.

Next it's off to Shibuya...

Got so confused after stepping out of the train... exits everywhere and I had nooooo idea which way to go. Got lost for a while, decided to return to the station, and slowly studied my maps (with swarms of people rushing by me).

I bought some cute and 'innovative' stuff that Japan is famous for. Heeee.

A big Thanks here to my feet, they must be so tired after the long hours of being stuffed in covered heels on flight and the non-stop walking and pausing in my Skechers. Sometimes I listen to my head, sometimes I'll just go wherever my feet take me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home