Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

There was basically a mad rush to get things done today:
- Go to Bugis Guan Yin temple to pray and ask for a lot (which turned out to be a very good one)
- To Kino to find a book that unfortunately, is not available. (Will place an order for that after the CNY excitement)
- Buy hair mousse to help keep my newly cut hair in place, and in a bun. (Sometimes hairstylists and bakers are so alike-- they like layers a lot.)
- Tidy up my room for CNY. (Still in progress)
- Withdraw money to change currency and prepare ang-pow for my parents.
- Cut nails, paint nails.
- Practising my standard/fake/robotic/no-sincerity/just-doing-it-for-the-job/I'm-doing-it-so-much-it-has-no-meaning smile
- Mentally prepare myself for whatever that the job or my seniors may throw at me (literally) for this flight.

Ok, I'm being sarcastic. Forgive me for that.

For this new year, all I wish for is rather simple--
For my family: Good Health
For my friends: Good results
For myself: Good health and the will and determination to remain true to myself. Also, to spend less when I'm in NYC.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home