Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ang Pows Under My Pillow

Reached Singapore in the late afternoon of 30th, and went straight to an auntie's house to bai nian. Missed out on the 'main event' on the 1st day of CNY, too bad.

Reached home about 8 plus and lazed around a bit, and dropped on my bed. Felt something under my pillow and guess what? It's the angpows relatives gave me when I wasn't around to receive them personally. As usual, they just left it with my parents or bro. A nice surprise to have-- My bro actually remembered our little habit since young to keep angpows in the pillow covers until the end of the whole CNY period before opening and banking the money.

Hope to see more relatives these few days. After all, this is the time of the year when everyone close to your heart or 'blood' actually makes the effort to meet one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home