Sunday, March 25, 2007

Things and Places I'm Missing

I always remember I read this somewhere-- that people remember places and events not mainly by sight, but by their sense of smell. Here's a little article to support my point. Do go read if you're interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/intelligenceandmemory/nostalgicsmells.shtml

Anyway, I was packing some stuff over the weekend and found some purchases I made when I was still flying.

-- Bath & Body Works' Black Rasberry Vanilla glitter mist: reminds me of my first ever visit to NYC. It was autumn and the leaves were all turning red and yellow. The view from the jumpseat before touchdown was simply magnificent. Can still remember the bus ride from JFK over to Manhattan- looking at the houses in Queens and thinking "Oh my gosh! They're just like that in the movies!"

Will never forget the moment when I looked out the window and there I have it, the Manhattan skyline. The Chrysler Building, Empire State Building, and the splendid display of architecture beauty.

-- Gap's So Pink Body Mist: I'll spray a little of that every morning before I leave the house; sets my mood for a great day ahead. That scent just makes me think of one of my best flights ever-- a flight to San Francisco, my favourite layover station.

It was those flights which I had to fly with a senior whom I've heard nasty stories about. Before showing up, I was just so nervous about having to duty with her. Turned out that she's a really nice person and we couldn't stop chatting on the bus rides. (Sometimes you just can't believe everything you hear.)

The 2 other crew who joined us were extremely nice people as well. I just can't recall a flight which I enjoyed as much. After we touched down, it's the usual trip to get Chinese takeaway food. Next day, we just went to walk around the pier area, and enjoyed the day.

I'm sure if I'm to 'pack' further into my wardrobe, I can find quite a lot of other stuff that can 'remind' me of places and people. But I guess I'm just not emotionally prepared to do that right now.


那里的天空真的很蓝。在冬天的早上,吹着冷冷却清爽的风,是一种简单的幸福。那时候的我,没有、也不用想太多。

那时候出现在我脸上的微笑,应该再也找不到了吧。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home