Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Comfortable Distance

You know this feeling-- when someone gets too close to you physically, you will automatically and very quickly back off to a comfortable distance.

Now I have a scientific explanation why I'm single for so long-- my 'comfy distance' is HUGE. Maybe it has to do with me being the youngest in the family, with me having my own room since young, with me being alone a lot in my job...

I'm not those kind of touchy-feely girls you see on the streets. I don't grab my friends' hands when I get too happy or excited talking about something; and I'm not a big supporter of crossing arms with my girls.

Fine. I'm too independent, selfish, confident, proud (and whatever) to let others get into my 'comfy distance' range.

Why should I?

Someone breathing down your neck and giving all sorts of opinion right next to your ear almost every moment you're with them? I'll pass.

A lot of people know me as a 'crowd' person. I can be one-- as long as I have my own space in the crowd.

No wonder I hate going to town on weekends-- I don't even have enough space to walk, let alone with my shopping bags.

Explained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home