Friday, January 19, 2007

Resignation Tendered

To some, it's an impulse action. To some, it should have been done long ago.

Whatever you may feel when you read or hear about this, I've tendered my resignation to the airline this afternoon.

The whole process took about 2 to 3 minutes.

Me: (Knock Knock) Hi! (Walked in) Eh, Boss not in today?
Office person: You here to tender is it?
Me: (Dry laughs) Haha. Yes.
Office person: Just give it to me. So when's your last day?
Me: Erm, one month from now.. so 19th?
Office person: (Checked the computer for my February schedule) So when do you want to stop?
Me: (Looked at schedule) Then.. I'll stop on 11th. That's the day I return from a flight. Then use AL for the remaining days.
Office person: Ok. Can liao.
Me: ... ... So that's all?
Office person: Yah.
Me: Okay, thanks!

That's it. That was the first time I prepared a resignation letter and presented it. At least I didn't have to do the awkward "Errr... I'm here because I want to tender" speech.

After I got out of the office, there was no special feeling. I just felt-- Oh. I did it.

Maybe I have too much on my mind these few weeks to even experience the 'thrill' or sorrow of leaving a job I still love and once tried so hard to get.

I'm still on antibiotics; still have to go back to the clinic to take another urine sample on Monday; take a flight out Monday night, and worry all along the way if I can clear it this time round.

Just let me process one thing at a time please.

Today, I tendered my resignation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home