Sunday, May 07, 2006

My Views About the Election

Did my 'duty as a citizen of Singapore' this afternoon by casting my first vote in the General Election 2006. It was such an easy decision for me...

It's a worldwide view that every nation and country should have at least some sort of opposition in its government and parliament. Well, we only have 2 out of 80-plus MPs who are from the opposition, but at least THEY ARE THERE. Can you imagine what it's like living in a nation that has NO opposition voices AT ALL??

You may not share my political view, but you have to agree with me on this: It takes a lot of courage to go into politics, and a whole lot more if you're joining in Singapore as a part of the opposition parties. Let's face it: it is human nature to go with the flow instead of against it. A salute here to all the candidates of the opposition parties! Cheers to your courage and undying determination to make your voices heard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home