Monday, July 07, 2008

Waiting Is Tough

I'm stuck in a situation which I'm not sure if I should start sending out my resume again. I really want to get that job mentioned in my previous post. But I have no idea when the company will call for an interview, if they're going to call at all.

The agency guys did say the earliest I can expect a call is around this Friday.

I think job agencies are just too optimistic. They 报喜不报忧. They said stuff like since the client is an American company, they don't have the bond system which ties down employees; they're more open to have an interview even if the resume is not extremely outstanding because they want to see for themselves what the candidates is like; the client is rather straightforward in their employment-- if they like the candidate, welcome in; Singaporeans have a slight advantage due to our language proficiencies.

You do realise that everything just seems too good to be true. I get the feeling that I'm definitely get the call, and the company will want to hire me because I have a strong language background, and yah, that's about it.

I don't want to make the mistake of being too hopeful and confident. This reminds me of an airline interview I went for about 3 years back. The agency in charge of the initial rounds gave the candidates a long breifing regarding the entire employment and interview processes. And I walked away from the briefing feeling all good and comfortable that I get a high chance of being selected eventually. Nah, it didn't happen.

So here I am, not too willing to send out my resume cos I might get that call and letter of offer soon if successful. But I can't be hanging around for too long JUST waiting for that call.

Argh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home