Thursday, July 05, 2007

What A Small World

Realised that I've been such a couch potato on my offdays and I really need to get out of the house before my butt gets its own postal code on the sofa. Went out to town for some fresh air and to bump shoulders with people.

First stop, got the much-needed eyebrow tweezing. Neat brows again. Good.

Next, to Kino to find a travel book that's recommended in a local magazine. Too bad, it's out of stock; but I did buy another book by the same author. It's the 1st book in the series, might as well get started on it first.

Rested for a while in a cafe within Kino, ordered a chocolate milkshake and some chicken bits. Erm, warning-- Avoid the chicken, it's... rather Raw.

One interesting thing-- I called XF to gossip and was on the phone for about 30 minutes in the cafe. When I hung up, one waiter came up to me and gave me a card, saying that the lady seated at the next table wanted me to have it.

Guess what she wrote? "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation... Blah Blah. I hope you don't find my rudeness to assume that you'll come... " (Something like that...)

It's a card, inviting me to a talk about Christianity.

... ...

Enough said. I read, laughed, and called XF again to laugh it off. Gave the card to the staff and told them to throw it into the trash for me.

Went shopping for clothes after that. Found 3 very satisfying tops, all from the same store. Well, in fact, I only had this one store in my shopping plan.

Stopped by Levi's on my way to the train station. Wanted to get a pair of jeans, but I guess denim's on short supply and they couldn't afford a bit more on the thighs...
Got a T-shirt instead.

SV called out to me as I was walking into the station. Been quite some time since I saw her. Hmm... think that would be when I went for the British Airways interview last year. She looks great, by the way.

One piece of information from her-- there's a controller in the tower that was our classmate. Well, I just don't remember any one from the college days. Guess my selective memory power is really strong.

All I can say-- It's Such A Small World.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home