Friday, June 16, 2006

Crappy Flight, Sickening Seniors

That was the MSN nic I put after I got back from my Saigon flight on Tuesday night. Quite a lot of people came to ask me if I was zapped.

I wasn't zapped; I was tormented mentally.

1) The SIN-NRT leg: It was the first time I flew the B747-conventional aircraft. Didn't even know how to brew coffee with the comparatively-ancient inflight coffee maker. Was complained by some Japanese in-charge... blahblahblah.

2) Reached Saigon. Guess what. Me and the other Singapore crew had adjacent rooms and she wanted to open the connecting door. She asked if I mind. Errrrr. "Anything lor.. But I sleep with all the lights on and my TV is always on also."

Hint not noted. Door opened. Me-- the junior that has to 'give company' to the senior by talking stuff that simply doesn't interest either one of us.

3) Final day of the flight pattern.

The NRT-KUL leg: Some manager from the office joined as a compartment in-charge.

During the refreshment service, here's what happened-- the ice cream was placed in the water carts, and she wanted us to push the carts to serve ice cream. Fine. And the liquor carts will follow behind.

It's dumb enough to serve ice cream by a CART when what we do usually is by drawer.

Guess what she said to me after the service.
"I thank you for passing out the ice cream just now. But you should wait for the liquor cart before moving on. Most of the pax already finish the ice cream by the time the liquor cart reach them. What we should give is service. You were just 'doing a job' just now."

..............

Excuse me... did I hear SERVICE?? So I should have stood there with the cart, staring at the passenger tear open the ice cream wrapper and bite?? So that I won't be too fast ahead of the liquor cart??

She has the cheek to tell me that when in most flights, their crew are only concerned about sales and sales and sales. Service. Right.

Basket.

So pissed. Still pissed 'cos I only had 3 days in town this time. Not enough to pacify my angry mood. Have an emergency knowledge test tomorrow that I've yet to study for. Luggage half packed. Room's in a mess. No shuaiges in town.

This trip better be good.

See you all next Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home