Friday, July 13, 2007

Planning for a holiday can be so exciting!

All these are searched and booked separately for my Hokkaido trip:
-- International flight tickets to Narita;
-- Domestic flight tickets from Haneda to Chitose and back;
-- Hotel in Sapporo;
-- Airport Limousine service;
-- Hotel in Tokyo

This is quite different from my Taipei trip last July, although I was a lone traveller then too.
-- Transiting in Bangkok
-- Taking a domestic flight
-- 2 separate hotel bookings in one single trip
-- Bus and flight schedules
-- Train rides

A lot to plan... and did I mention I'll be leaving on the 25th on a night flight?

Less than 2 weeks to get everything done, and that includes my project presentation. Argh.

Anyway, here's my proposed itinerary for the trip:
25th July-
Flight from Singapoer to Bangkok; Flight from Bangkok to Narita

26th July-
Reach Narita in morning;
Take bus from Narita to Haneda airport;
Take domestic flight to Chitose (Sapporo, Hokkaido);
Take train to hotel;
Walk around a bit

27th July-
Take train to Otaru;
Probably spend the whole day there.

28th July-
Take train to Furano;
Whole day there, I suppose, for the lavender fields and all

29th July-
If my guidebook information is valid, there's a festival in Sapporo. Won't want to miss it.

30th July-
Take train from Sapporo to Chitose;
Take domestic flight to Haneda;
Take train to hotel, tentatively one in Shinjuku;
Walk around the area

31st July-
Whole day in Tokyo. Lots of places to visit and revisit

1st Aug-
Take bus to Narita Airport;
Take flight to Bangkok;
Take flight back home to Singapore

I love this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home