Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Just Some Thoughts

Time for New Year Resolutions.

Me? I thought of writing some down but gave up before I begun.

There's so much I want, like more money, more free time, more this, more that. But then I realised-- I want them; but not necessarily NEED them.

I have everything dear to my heart with me-- my family, my closest girl-friends, a nice job, and my room to rot in when too lazy to go anywhere (which is rather often).

You can say that I'm not ambitious enough. Everyone should set higher standards for themselves to achieve once their current ones have been met.

That was what I felt last year. I have a comfortable job in my company-- If I continue to work and be satisfied, I can take home a nice salary every month, with ample rest days, and lead a lifestyle most girls my age will envy.

But still, I get upset and jealous when I heard about people from other airlines flying to fabulous destinations and taking home a fatter salary. For a big part of 2006, I was feeling jealous, unsatisfied, annoyed, unappreciated, and just... unhappy.

Slowly, I realised-- even if I do make it to the other airlines where I hear about the better welfare and pay, I might not be happy. Cos I'll start comparing myself to some other strangers again. The vicious cycle will just return and bother me.

I'm not saying now that I won't have a word of complaint when I get into my new job next month. On the contrary, I think I'll be cursing every now and then about how badly I'm treated and what should be improved.

I can't and won't stop myself from venting out any unhappiness because it's all part of life. And in life, some people stop to curse for so long they forgot to move on. I won't want to be one of them.

Most people should be grateful for what they have with them.

I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home