Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm Off To Taipei

Packing's all done, not that there's a lot to pack. Think my job has trained me into a super efficient luggage packer. I know exactly what I need.

Will be taking a taxi to the airport tomorrow, without my parents along to the terminal. So it's a 'me, myself, that's all' entourage. All the way to the end.

Here's what ALL my friends and colleagues said when they heard that I'm going alone. (RocketJim-- paiseh.. using your speech pattern here)

Me: I've taken AL already; will be going to Taipei this Friday.
People: Oh is it. So nice. Who you going with?
Me: Alone lor. Cos my family not free from work and my friends all say they got no money to go.
People: Why not wait for your family to be free then go together lah??
Me: I join this company for nearly a year liao. And I've had enough of the bitching and fake smiles. If I don't get away for a while, I'll go crazy...
People: Oh. Wah, you very brave leh... If it's me I won't dare to travel alone.

1) If I can manage to roam around in the mean streets of New York and the old alleys of Japan alone, I guess I can handle the 'Orchard Road' of Taipei.
2) Travelling alone gets me around so much faster. I don't want to spend over a thousand bucks to get overseas just to wait for my travel partner so that she can 'shop' and end up buying nothing.
3) No itineraries or rules. Just me and myself. I'll eat whatever and wherever I like. I'll walk wherever I like. And there's no one to tell me what's good or bad about the city. I'll decide for myself.

Will be back next Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home