Saturday, August 19, 2006

Singaporean Style

It Was last Thursday and I was just waking up from my usual nap after a flight in Japan when I heard the news on CNN. There's a foiled terror plan to bomb up planes between UK and US.

Nice... I have a States flight the next day.

Apparently, all passengers on the concerned routes have to empty their carry-on luggage of all liquid, gel or cream type items. And the US/UK routes' passengers have to use a see-through plastic bag to carry their passports and essential travel stuff.

There were some complaints coming from female passengers like not being able to use their cosmetics onboard and they'll look horrible when deplaning at the destination.

If we're to change the setting to Singapore (touchwood/choy/dai ga lai si), these will be heard instead--

--"Huh! But my check-in luggage got no more space. How?"
--"Can don't throw away or not? Very waste leh. Still got so much left."
--"You can keep for me here at the airport or not huh? Then I take back from you when I come back."
--"Aiya, never mind lah. Give chance lah."
--"Why you so like that one!! Never tell me early...Your airline should let us know mah!"

Regarding the plastic bag:

--"How come so small?? You got bigger one?"
--"Can give me more?"
--"Got other color or not?"
--"Free or not huh?"

Ignorant= Bliss??

Singaporeans. Sometimes we can be blissful, in almost all cases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home